Car wheel sparks fire causing half a hectare of land damage
The Stanthorpe and Dalveen Rural Fire brigades attended a fire which broke out in Cottonvale on Thursday afternoon at around 4pm after a car lost one of it's tyres.
Fire fighters arrived at the Watson lane address at 4:28pm and had the fire under control by 5:30pm.
Around half a hectare of land was damaged by the blaze.
A spokesperson from the Stanthorpe Rural Fire Brigade said the fire was started from a combination the steel plate of the wheel creating a spark and the area's dry conditions.
Nobody was injured.