Horror as toddler dies in clothes dryer
Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of a two-year-old girl, after her body was found inside a clothes dryer in the US state of Georgia.
The child, who has not been identified, was reportedly found dead inside the dryer on Sunday at a trailer park in Waycross over the weekend.
The girl was found by her mother, who believed she climbed inside while she was sleeping, according to local sources
The Brantley County Sheriff's Office confirmed with First Coast News that the child died in a clothes dryer. A preliminary autopsy revealed the girl died from overheating.
A neighbour described the distressing moment police arrived at the home.
"It was crazy, nobody knew what was going on, no details," David Williams told News4GA.
"It's just an awful tragedy you know. She's a good girl."
Mr Williams said the girl's mother was a good mum who took great care of her child.
"She takes care of her girl, she goes to work," he said. "She does the right thing and for something like this to happen in our neighbourhood is just awful."
No arrests have been made and the investigation is ongoing.
The tragic accident happened just over a week after a grieving mother shared the story of the day her son Ollie (pictured) drowned in their washing machine in 2012.
Tiffany Hebb, from Utah, recently detailed the horrific events that led up to the death of her two-year-old son Ollie.
In a harrowing article about the day of the accident, Tiffany recalled how Ollie was helping her throw a few things into the washing machine as he often did.
After finishing putting the sheets in they both left the laundry together and Tiffany, who was pregnant at the time, stopped for a moment to read an article about pregnancy.
She was only a few seconds into reading the first paragraph when she noticed she couldn't hear Ollie making any noises and was nowhere to be seen.
Panic set in as she started running through the house searching for him and calling his name.
She had checked the whole house and made sure all the doors and windows were locked. It slowly started to dawn on her there was only one place left he could be.
"I ran back into the laundry room. This was the only place he could be, the lid was now open and the washer had since stopped," Tiffany wrote on Love What Matters.
"Something told me to put my hands in the washing machine."
She described the horrific moment of feeling his "precious body inside the cold water" as she reached her hands into the machine.
"Words do not even describe the horror, fear and helplessness I felt as I tried to pull my sweet Ollie's lifeless body out of the washing machine," she said.
She attempted to pull him out but she quickly realised he was stuck and she wouldn't be able to get him out on her own.
She propped his head above the water and ran out into the street screaming at her neighbours for help.
One neighbour rushed back with her and pulled Ollie from the machine. At this point other neighbours has come into the house and immediately started the perform CPR on the child.
The ambulance arrived soon after and raced him to the hospital where he was placed on life support.
After showing little improvement over 24 hours and no brain activity, Tiffany and her husband had to make the heartbreaking decision to turn off his life support.
"Ollie's body began to get heavier and heavier as the breath slowed and took fewer and fewer breaths," she said.
"He took his last breath in my arms and I remember letting out a sigh of relief but then my heart shattered so deeply."
Tiffany shared her story on the anniversary of Ollie's death as a warning for other parents.
"For Ollie's sake, get locks on all your washing machines and DO NOT let your children play in them, they are not toys," she wrote.